Jan 7, 2011

Who You Are Is Not What You Did



I guess you really did it this time
Left yourself in your warpath
Lost your balance on a tightrope
Lost your mind tryin' to get it back
  
It's all right, just wait and see
Your string of lights is still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent
You're still an innocent

Time turns flames to embers
You'll have new Septembers
Every one of us has messed up too
  
Lives change like the weather
I hope you remember
Today is never to late to
Be brand new 

[Almighty Allah's Limitless Mercy]

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its Isnad (chain of authorities) is sound.

Text copied from Al-Nasir's Hadith Qudsi Software v1.0, www.DivineIslam.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails